Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pop of Color

This past weekend the fiance and I went to a Latin Festival in the park. Whenever I feel stuck on what to wear, I find it is a good idea to pick one item that I can build an outfit around and then add to that. In this case, I really wanted to wear this bright orange necklace from Target (last summer). I built the rest of my look around what would go with that necklace.





I ended up changing right after the festival because it was too hot in those pants! I added my favorite cut off shorts from American Eagle (from 3 summers ago), and some wedges I bought on sale from Marshall's last summer. 





Similar to my look:

white jeans from American Eagle on sale for $29.99. jeans 


Blue striped tank from Old Navy on sale for $8.50. tank

Similar blouse for $15.00 from Old Navy. blouse

Similar cut off shorts for $18.90 from Forever21. shorts

It is hard to find cut off shorts online and in stores right now, but it is a good time to experiment with making your own cut off shorts. How to make your own cut off shorts 

Similar orange statement necklace from Amazon for $18.99: necklace

Similar orange bead necklace from Loehmann's for $19.99. necklace

Similar gold wedges from DSW for $40.00. wedges

What do you think?


2 comments: