Friday, August 24, 2012

Belt love

Oops! Such a late post today! Busy, busy day of wedding dress shopping :) Sorry guys, my wedding dress is one look that I won't be posting on here until after the date because the fiance reads the blog!

Today's look was inspired by yesterday's post about accentuating the waist and emphasizing that hourglass figure. Another way to really get that nice hourglass look is to belt your top at the waist. I am a huge fan of belting tops at the waist because I think it is a look that is great on all figures and is effortlessly chic. Your best bet is to belt at the smallest part of your waist. Another tip: skinny belts are better for shorter waisted women and thicker belts are better for longer waisted women.






My belt is a silver/gold color, and it gives a nice contrast to the top because it is a lighter color than the top. This makes the belt stands out more and it causes the eye to be naturally drawn to the waist. 

My top and belt are from Ann Taylor Loft last fall. My shorts are old Charlotte Russe. My shoes are bebe. 


Here are some similar looks:
Express Baby Leopard Banded Blouse on sale for $29.90. blouse 

Here is another sheer blouse that would go well with a belt. Express Two Pocket Tunic for $49.90. blouse


Here is a simple skinny waist belt from forever 21 for $3.80. belt


This look goes great with shorts or pants and can be worn in any season. You can dress this up by adding more accessories and some heels or dress it down with some flats or sandals. 





1 comment: