Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chambray a few different ways

Chambray = my latest obsession. Ever since I bought my chambray shirt from Forever21 earlier this summer, I have found any excuse to wear it. I even wore it as a beach cover-up. So, what is chambray? If you don't already know, chambray is a fabric that is similar to denim but more lightweight and much more comfortable.


Here are some celebs sporting chambray:



Lately, my favorite way to wear chambray has been to pair it with a summer dress. I don't know about you guys, but I wear a ton of dresses in the summer. But! a summer dress paired with a chambray shirt for cooler weather? Yes, please. 

Here is my sundress from Forever21 that I wore all summer:

             

I paired this dress with my chambray shirt from Forever21 and experimented with 3 different styles:

First, I tied my chambray shirt into a little knot at my waist:


 


                                     

Next, I added a belt that I had to knot at the waist:



         
                         (I made this one bigger so that you can see a close-up of the belt)

For the final look, I just unbuttoned the shirt and wore it loose:


My favorite way that I wore it was probably the first look, but I think all are really fun. Next time I decide to wear the shirt loose, I will probably add more jewelry to spice it up a bit. 

Similar chambray shirt from Forever21 for $27.80. chambray


Yellow summer dress on sale for $11.99 from Forever21. dress




What do you guys think? Which was your favorite way that I wore it? 



1 comment:

  1. i like the chambray shirt tied and also belted. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete