Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kim Kardashian inspired look

Yesterday I experimented with a monochromatic look. Monochromatic is when you wear different shades of the same color. I think that a monochromatic look can work for anyone, but it is especially nice on us petite girls. Since the look is all in the same color scheme, it really elongates the body ;) I am only 5 feet tall, so I will take any extra height I can get!

My inspiration picture for this look is this picture of Kim Kardashian:


I don't have clothes that exactly match what Kim is wearing, but I made my own look using the same idea of wearing different shades of the same color. I have been wanting to wear my blue skinny jeans, so I decided to go with a blue monochromatic look. 




I originally wore this look with some neutral sandals, but I changed into these turquoise platform sandals from Target later in the day. I kinda love how it looks with the turquoise sandals.



Similar turquoise sandals from Target for $39.99. sandals

Here are the blue skinny jeans I am wearing from American Eagle for $39.99. jeans

Here is a similar studded racerback tank from Charlotte Russe on sale for $7.50. The tank I am wearing is actually from Charlotte Russe, so the color is probably really similar to this one. tank


Here is a necklace from Target for $34.99 that would look nice. necklace

What do you guys think? How would you wear this look?


No comments:

Post a Comment